Outstream VideoBack to Ad Specifications
The Outstream Video ad format allows advertisers to insert a video ad into article content. Outstream Video ads will only play when the player is in view and will include sound on mouseover.
Video Player Behaviour
- Playback method: Plays when >50% in view
- Sound: On mouse-over only
- Non-viewable behaviour: Pause when <50% in view
- Ad length: 15 seconds maximum
- Skippable after 3 seconds
- Player size: 658x394 (article width)
- Controls: Pause & mute on mouse-over
- Player technology: HTML5, Flash
- Site served MP4/MOV
- VAST MP4
- VPAID not supported
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Resolution: 1280x720 (HD) or 1024X576 (SD)
- Total bitrate: 2,628 kbps (HD) or 1,896 kbps (SD)
- Video bitrate: 2,500 kbps (HD) or 1,800 kbps (SD)
- Audio bitrate: 128 kbps
- Audio volume: -24dB LKFS
- File format: MP4 or MOV
- File size: 30mb maximum
Third Party Served Specs (VAST only)
- Outstream Video supports all external VAST 2.0 and above.
- We recommend assets be transcoded into the following file formats:
- Multiple bitrates should be provided for each of the above transcodings. We recommend:
- 500kbps (optimized for mobile devices on cellular connection and required by many mobile SSPs)
- 2500kbps (optimized for high speed connections)
- Supported Tracking URLs: Impression, Click, Ad Start, Ad Mid Play, Ad End Play
- Required Elements: click through URL, all other tracking URLs are optional
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Atlas, DoubleClick, Sizmek, Facilitate
- Accepted Tag Format: All Third Party served ads must come as a VAST 2 formatted tag
- In order to ensure progressive delivery, all third party served files need to be encoded with their header data at the beginning of the file.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.