Skype Connection Hub AdsBack to Ad Specifications
The new Skype Client Chat ad redesign displays the best ad placement based on client window size. When the user opens the Skype Client and selects a contact from their contact list, the Connection Hub opens. One of five available ad sizes will be displayed (only one) based on the dimensions of the chat window. 320x50, 300x250, 160x600, 300x600 or 728x90. If the user resizes, the screen will redraw with the most appropriate ad size.
IMPORTANT: Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft Creative specs page - from there, you can click on the "Skype Non-Expanding Connection Hub Ad" spec link under the "Skype" section. It is vital that you download the full spec sheet, the specs included below are purely for quick-reference.
Important note: Flash files are strictly not permitted across Skype.
Third Party Specs (Quick-Reference)
- Accepted 3rd parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick
- Dimensions: 320x50, 300x250, 160x600, 300x600 or 728x90
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 60kb
- Initial load max file size: 60kb
- Secondary file download: 100kb
- User-initiated download: 2.2mb
- Download the full spec sheet from the Microsoft Spec Center as per the instructions above.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Mi9 may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Mi9 network.
- Mi9 reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Mi9 reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with the content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.