Mobile Viewability FormatsBack to Ad Specifications
"Viewable" impressions are those that attain a significantly higher Viewability score than standard impressions. In order to achieve this, the ad formats that run on a Viewable campaign must be of a certain performance standard. The following specifications aim to achieve this goal.
Of primary concern for viewability is performance of the ad unit itself. If the ad takes too long to load, the ad is less likely to be viewable because the user may scroll away from the ad, click to open another page or open another tab before the ad has loaded on the page.
As such, the creative should load within 1 second as can be tested in the IAB tool (below), and adhering to the following specs is required:
- Maximum size of 100KB permitted for Shared Library files
- No Flash files permitted
- Ad will not exceed 20% CPU usage during host-initiated execution
- Ad will not exceed 20 total file requests during initial and polite load
- Ad cannot be served within a nested iFrame
- All files called must be SSL compliant
All ads can be tested using the IAB HTML5 Ad Validator Tool - http://html5.iabtechlab.com
This is a free to use, agnostic tool that can be used to ensure creatives adhere to the above.
Nine Digital & Third Party Served Specs
Standard creatives using regular IAB formats, hosted on the Nine Digital server or a Third Party that are optimized for viewability* should adhere to the above requirements, as well as the following specs:
||Initial file size or image size
||Host Initiated sub-load
| Mobile Banner
- 15 sec max animation
- Video not allowed
*Ad creative that do not adhere to above specs may not be eligible for Viewability. As such, agencies should build creatives in such a way to increase its viewable potential eg. Build creative that loads an optimized static image quickly to ensure it is initially viewable.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All material (files) must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.