Medium RectangleBack to Ad Specifications
An IAB standard 300x250 ad unit that sits within the context of the webpage. It can house rich media functionality or expand on click to reveal additional advertiser content.
The Medium Rectangle can also be set to expand on user click to 600x350. Please click here to see an example.
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Dimensions: 300x250
- Accepted Format: JPG/PNG/GIF
- Image max file size: 40kb
- Animation duration: 15 seconds
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick, Celtra (Universal Banner accepted), Bonzai
- Dimensions: 300x250 > 600x350 expanded (if used)
- Max initial file size: 100kb
- Maximum size of 100KB permitted for Shared Library files
- Max subload: 1mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 15s max
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
||Approved to run
|Nine O&O homepages
|Nine O&O articles
|Nine O&O galleries
||Refer to MSN spec category
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
No looping allowed for animation after 15s and load must take place during the subload of the ad. Additional animation may be initiated via roll-over, capped at 15s.
Expansion must be click initiated by the user. The ad must contain a clear call to action for the user to click to expand. Expanded panel must contain a clearly marked option to minimise the ad back to its default size.
All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
Sizmek HTML5 Resource Centre