In-Stream Video: VPAIDBack to Ad Specifications
VPAID creatives allow for users to actively interact with video such as using buttons and extra media within the content, through to social sharing or downloading a brochure. All VPAID creatives must be created as per the VPAID specifications set by our certified Third Party Vendors (as listed in the below table). VPAID ads are certified across both long and short form inventory.
Third Party Served Specs
Nine accepts 3 different video files separated by quality – Low, Medium and High.
Important Note: All 3 files can be within the VAST tag delivering VPAID creative, but at least either the low or medium file must be supplied as a minimum.
|Resolution / Aspect Ratio
||640x360 (16:9), 640x480 (4:3)
||1024x576 (16:9), 786x576 (4:3)
||1280x720, 1920x1080 (16:9)
The following requirements apply to all 3 files above:
- File type: Mp4 only
- Encoding profile: H.264, Baseline 3.0
- Frame rate: 25fps
- Audio Codec: AAC-LC or HE-AACv1
- Audio Bitrate:
128-192 kbps for AAC-LC
64-128 kbps for HE-AACv1
- Audio level: -24 LKFS (+/- 2.0 dB)
- Delivery type: Progressive
- File Size: 10mb max
- Initial video duration: 15 secs max shortform, 30 secs max longform
- Rich media file size: 100kb
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant- securely served (https://)
- All creative tags must be VAST 3.0 and VPAID 2.0 compliant
Accepted 3rd Parties: DoubleVerify, Sizmek, Innovid, DoubleClick, Videology, Tubemogul
Overlays & Companion Ads: HTML5 overlays(non-linear) and companion ads are not supported.
Interactive: It is recommended that interactive and click-through elements should not sit within the bottom 40px of the video and interfere with player controls.
3rd Party viewability tracking & completion: Nine Entertainment does not guarantee measurement for vendors using Flash based SDKs. All vendors must update to a compliant non-Flash based HTML SDK version and support HTML5/JS based measurement.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.