In-Stream Video: VAST Back to Ad Specifications
Nine Digital In-Stream ads can be delivered as pre-roll, mid-roll or post-roll. “Longform” Video is a 30 or 15 second TV commercial (TVC) running within a TV show in Nine Digital's Catch Up TV video environment. “Shortform” video is a 15 second TVC pre-roll that appears before all videos across the network. Nine supports the VAST 3.0 tag template (as well as earlier versions of VAST ie.VAST 2.0).
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Refer to any of the file spec (Low or Med or High) below
- File size: 30mb maximum
Third Party Served Specs
Nine accepts 3 different video files separated by quality – Low, Medium and High.
Important Note: All 3 files can be within the VAST tag, but at least either the low or medium file must be supplied as a minimum.
|Resolution / Aspect Ratio
||640x360 (16:9), 640x480 (4:3)
||1024x576 (16:9), 786x576 (4:3)
||1280x720, 1920x1080 (16:9)
The following requirements apply to all 3 files above:
- File type: Mp4
- Encoding profile: H.264, Baseline 3.0
- Frame rate: 25fps
- Audio Codec: AAC-LC or HE-AACv1
- Audio Bitrate:
128-192 kbps for AAC-LC
64-128 kbps for HE-AACv1
- Audio level: -24 LKFS (+/- 2.0 dB)
- Delivery type: Progressive
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
Additional recommended specifications for CTV:
- Bitrate: 1000kbps minimum - 5000kbps maximum
- Video File Size: 1.5MB - 25MB
- Audio Codec: AAC-LC
Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, Innovid, DoubleClick, Videology, Tubemogul, Flashtalking
- The VAST tag MUST contain at least either the Low or Medium file
- Supported Tracking URLs:Impression, Click, Ad Start, Ad Mid Play, Ad End Play
- Required Elements:click through URL, all other tracking URLs are optional
- Accepted Tag Format:All Third Party served ads must be supplied as a VAST 3.0 formatted tag
- A maximum of 10 media files can be called from the tag
- In order to ensure progressive delivery, all third party served files need to be encoded with their header data at the beginning of the file
- Longform videos must not exceed 60 seconds in length
- Shortform videos must not exceed 15 seconds in length
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.