FireplaceBack to Ad Specifications
The Standard Fireplace is a combination of two individual creatives together: an IAB size 970x250 Billboard that is accompanied by side-panels or a wallpaper. On user initiation (click), the billboard unit can expand down the page. Can support animation and user initiated video with sound. The billboard portion of the unit also contains a Nine Digital Network hosted close ad functionality which gives the user the option to close and re-open the ad.
Nine Digital accepts two types of Fireplaces. The Extended Fireplace increases the width of the Billboard to join up with the side-panels, creating a seamless user experience. Please click here to see an example, or watch the demo below:
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick (regular 970x250 or 1030x250 only via DC, no expanding)
- Standard Fireplace Billboard dimensions: 970x250 > 970x500 expanded (if used)
- Extended Fireplace Billboard dimensions: 1030x250 > 1030x500 expanded (if used)
- Side-panels dimensions: 1900x1000 or two 125x900 floating panels
- Max initial file size: 100kb (for Masthead and Side-panels separately)
- Maximum size of 100KB permitted for Shared Library files
- Max subload: 1mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
||Approved to run
|Nine O&O homepages
|Nine O&O articles
|Nine O&O galleries
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- Client to provide the Billboard and either the Side Panel or Wallpaper creatives which together create the Fireplace effect.
No looping allowed for animation after 30s and load must take place during the subload of the ad. Additional animation may be initiated via roll-over, capped at 30s.
Sound must be muted by default with a visible mute/unmute button.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- See important build information for the wallpaper here.
- Nine Digital may at its absolute discretion refuse to publish any advertisement on the Nine Digital network.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to reject / remove any rich media ad that does not meet its creative specifications, contravenes internal guidelines or adversely affects network website performance, other ad placements or user experience.
- Nine Digital reserves the right to remove or request the removal / revision of any creative that is deemed unsuitable or in conflict with our content, audience, commercial objectives or IP, including (but not limited to) requesting the removal of any competitor branding from advertisements.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
Sizmek HTML5 Resource Centre
DoubleClick Creative Solutions