Nine today announced a record number of client partners for the next season of its smash-hit reality show, The Block.
The new season of The Block premieres on Nine this Sunday when five teams of renovators go head-to-head to modernise five massive family homes rescued from demolition and transported to Elsternwick in south-east Melbourne.
“The Block is the country’s leading example of a content brand that is truly ubiquitous, touching Australians on every screen. It is without doubt the strongest franchise that delivers time and time again for the audience and seamlessly integrates brands across every platform,” said Lizzie Young, Nine’s Group Content Strategy Director. “It is a clear sign of the continuing power of the franchise that we have a record number of commercial partners this year.”
Client partnership highlights for The Block season thirteen include:
• Mitre 10, The Block’s longest serving partner, will again be returning, for their 10th season. Along with their ambassador Scott Cam, Mitre 10 will be providing “Mighty Helpful” service and advice every step of the way.
• This year, McCafé is returning with a pop-up café on the construction site, showing why they provide Australia’s most popular barista-made coffee. Foreman Dan Reilly also continues as the McCafe ambassador and along with in-show integration the partnership will be supported by two TV commercials using him, and a digital series on 9Now, featuring conversations in the pop-up café.
• Stayz returns and will be rewarding the Blockheads with the winning room each week with luxury weekly Stayz Getaways.
• Domain returns as a major partner and will be showcased throughout the season as experts in property as they supply the Blockheads with invaluable advice.
• As a new partner, Youfoodz will be fueling contestants with their fresh chef-prepared meals every week. They will also be running a consumer promotion to give away a year’s worth of Youfoodz.
• Centrum joins The Block as the 2017 multivitamin partner, supporting contestants throughout the series. Centrum will feature the popular Foreman Keith as well as the contestants in TVCs, and Centrum branding will be integrated within the show, in a challenge and across the series, including a bespoke digital content series.
• Volkswagen joins as the official automotive partner and will be supplying contestants with Volkswagen Tiguans. This technologically advanced SUV features the best in active safety and advanced technology.
• Carlton & United Breweries and Industry SuperFunds have taken out a national sponsorship while RACV, HBF Home Insurance and Revolution Roofing have taken key local sponsorships in their respective markets, providing them with a unique opportunity to build a close association with the popular renovation show.
• The Block will also have a number of major suppliers involved in the new season, including Bluescope Steel, Sheridan, Reece, Kennards, Freedom Furniture, Freedom Kitchens, Carpet Court, Beacon Lighting, Beaumont Tiles, Forty Winks, Steel Blue Boots, Daikin, iSelect and Apple.
The Block returns to Channel Nine and 9Now this Sunday, July 30.
For more information:
Head of Trade and Internal Communications
0404 460 607