Skype Homepage BillboardBack to Ad Specifications
When a user opens Skype Client for desktop, the 650x170 ad unit appears below the button bar on the main content area. The Ad can contain video, sound, or other interactivity.
Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft Creative specs page - from there, you can click on the Skype Homepage Masthead In-Banner spec link, or the Skype Homepage Masthead Expanding spec link.
Important note: Flash files are strictly not permitted across Skype.
Third Party Specs
- Dimensions: 650x170
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 40kb
- Initial load max file size: 40kb
- Secondary file download: 150kb
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.