MSN SidepanelsBack to Ad Specifications
Sidepanels enable advertisers to reach audiences with unrivaled interactivity and engagement. This ad units can offer the full range of creative executions – from eye-popping animation, to video, dynamic data, interactive games, and more.
Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft Creative specs page - from there, you can click on the In-Banner spec link which includes full technical specs for Sidepanels.
Third Party Specs
- Accepted 3rd parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick
- Dimensions: x2 125x900 floating panels
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 60kb
- Initial load max file size: 200kb
- Secondary file download: 300kb
- User-initiated download: 1.5mb
- Sidepanels should launch from a 1x1 ad call (both the left and right panels expand simultaneously from this) or can expand from an MREC on the page.
- Sidepanels should have a solid background colour and fade to transparent at the bottom and sides. All transparent areas should not be clickable.
- Advertiser logos must be positioned beneath the site logo (approximately 200 pixels from the top of the panels). A maximum logo size of 130px x 40px will be permitted.
- No text or images to be placed within 95px from the top of the panel.
- Maximum one product graphic and one price point and/or product message is permitted per panel. Additional price points and promo text to be housed within the 300x250.
- Sidepanels should have a single background colour or single photographic image and we request low intensity / muted colour for maximum engagement.
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.