MSN Custom HeaderBack to Ad Specifications
The MSN Custom Header Ad takes advantage of the responsive design of MSN. An Advertiser can choose to display a single creative across all three page widths (2-, 3-, 4-column views), or can customize the creative for each of the page widths. The creative can re-animate on page resize, if desired. The user can hide the ad experience and then reopen it later, similar to the Billboard experience.
Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft creative specs page - from there, you can click on the MSN Custom Header spec link.
Third Party Specs
- Dimensions: 1272x92, 970x70, 628x45
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 50kb
- Initial load max file size: 300kb
- Secondary file download: 400kb
- User-Initiated file download: 3mb
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.