MSN IAB FilmstripBack to Ad Specifications
On page load, max 15 seconds of animation commences within the 300x600. The IAB Filmstrip Ad allows for creative story-telling through a series of three to five 300x600 panels. The first panel is loaded on initial visit. The user can move between the panels in the following ways:
- Direct Interaction (On Click) – There are predefined areas at the top and bottom of the panels that allow the user to click to move to the next panel. It is recommended that there be a clear call to action message to the user in these spaces.
- Scroll (On Mouse or Browser Scroll) – As the user scrolls down the web page the IAB Filmstrip will automatically move to the next panel of the creative if they have not interacted with it previously. To ensure a clean understandable user interaction, the IAB Filmstrip only scrolls one panel per page.
- Sequencing (Repeat Visits) – Any return visits to the site will auto scroll the IAB Filmstrip to the next sequential frame.
Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft creative specs page - from there, you can click on the IAB Filmstrip spec link.
Third Party Specs
- Dimensions: 300x600
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 40kb
- Initial load max file size: 200kb
- Secondary file download: 300kb
- User-Initiated file download: 1.5mb
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.