MSN Billboard / Expandable BillboardBack to Ad Specifications
On page load, max 30 seconds of animation can commence within the 970x250 Billboard. Both formats allow the user to hide the ad experience and then reopen it later. Unique to the Billboard Expand, the unit can be expanded down over the page by clicking, swiping, or dragging designated areas inside the Billboard to a size of 970x600. Closing the expanded panel returns to the Billboard.
Click here to open the most up to date specs on the Microsoft creative specs page - from there, you can click on the MSN IAB Billboard/Billboard Expand spec link.
Important note: The billboard comes with a site-served Close button, so this does not need to be built into the creative itself.
Third Party Specs
- Dimensions:970x70, 970x250, 970x600
- Accepted format: GIF/JPG/HTML5
- Back-up image file size: 40kb
- Initial load max file size: 200kb
- Secondary file download: 1mb
- User-Initiated file download: 2.2mb
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
- Minimise the device load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to approval - we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Visit the Microsoft Creative Specs page for full technical documentation, build guides etc.