FireplaceBack to Ad Specifications
The Standard Fireplace is a combination of an IAB size 970x250 masthead that is accompanied by side-panels / wallpaper. On user initiation (click), the masthead unit can expand down the page. Can support animation and user initiated video with sound. The masthead portion of the unit also contains a Nine Digital Network hosted close ad functionality which gives the user the option to close and re-open the ad. If closed, it remains closed for the remainder of the day.
Nine Digital accepts two types of Fireplaces. The Extended Fireplace increases the width of the Masthead to join up with the side-panels, creating a seamless user experience. Please click here to see an example, or watch the demo below:
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick
- Standard Fireplace Masthead dimensions: 970x250 > 970x500 expanded (if used)
- Extended Fireplace Masthead dimensions: 1030x250 > 1030x500 expanded (if used)
- Side-panels dimensions: 1900x900 or two 125x900 floating panels
- Max initial file size: 100kb (for Masthead and Side-panels separately)
- Max subload: 1mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
||Approved to run
|Nine O&O homepages
|Nine O&O articles
|Nine O&O galleries
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
No looping allowed for animation after 30s and load must take place during the subload of the ad. Additional animation may be initiated via roll-over, capped at 30s.
Sound must be muted by default with a visible mute/unmute button.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
- See important build information for the wallpaper here.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
Sizmek HTML5 Resource Centre
DoubleClick Creative Solutions