Desktop Over The Page (OTP)Back to Ad Specifications
Launching from a standard 300x250 Medium Rectangle or 970x250 Billboard*, the Desktop Over The Page (OTP) is a floating ad unit supporting a range of sizes that can display automatically once the page content has fully downloaded. OTP must include a lights out dimming effect covering the background content, must minimise after 10 seconds, and is frequency capped to 2 impressions per user. An OTP (with the rectangle) can only be 3rd party served.
*Billboard offering via Sizmek only.
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick, Atlas
- Rectangle Dimensions: 300x250
- Billboard Dimensions: 970x250 (Sizmek only)
- OTP dimensions (any of following): 1030x600 / 685x325 / 500x500
- Max initial file size: 100kb
- Max subload: 1.5mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 15 seconds (recommended) > 30 seconds max
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
||Approved to run
|Nine O&O homepages
|Nine O&O articles
|Nine O&O galleries
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
- Sound must be muted by default with a visible mute/unmute button.
- A close button must be present for the duration of the OTP with minimum dimensions 50px x 20px and display the word "Close" and an X symbol. It should be in the top right hand corner and stand out from the ad unit.
- OTP must be positioned at the centre of the page, flush underneath the site navigation bar, and must include a lights out dimming effect covering the background content.
- Animation MUST take place in the subload of the ad. Looping is permitted after first animation has played through. For performance reasons, max 15 second animation is recommended, but up to 30 seconds is allowed. Keep in mind the OTP must minimise after 10 seconds, so animation longer than must be user-initiated.
- The OTP must be frequency capped depending on the buyout period:
- Full day buyout- 2 impressions per user. Once between 00:00 and 11:59 (AM) and another between 12:00 and 23:59 (PM) - please provide 2 tags.
- Half day buyout - Once per user.
- Multi-day buyout - 2 impressions per user per lifetime.
- All frequency capping must be implemented by the 3rd party vendor.
- A minimum of 70% opacity is allowed in the OTP area. Permission for full transparency can be obtained on a case by case basis. Please contact your sales rep with any mockups/storyboards.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
Sizmek HTML5 Resource Centre