BillboardBack to Ad Specifications
The Standard Billboard is a 970x250 non-expanding rich media ad unit that sits directly underneath the site navigation. The unit also contains a Nine Digital Network hosted "Close ad" button which removes the ad when clicked, minimising the entire Billboard space, and enforces a frequency cap on the ad for the remainder of the day. It can also host animation and video.
The Billboard can be configured in a number of different sizes and perform different functions.
Click here to see an example of the Expanding Billboard - a 970x250 Billboard that can expand on click to 970x500, or watch the demo below:
Nine Digital Served Specs
- Dimensions: 970x250
- Accepted Formats: JPG/PNG/GIF/SVG
- Max image file size: 40kb
Third Party Served Specs
- Accepted 3rd Parties: Sizmek, DoubleClick, Atlas
- Dimensions: 970x250 or 970x150 plus expanded 970x500 or 970x250 (if used)
- Max initial file size: 100kb
- Max subload: 1.5mb
- Max user-initiated animation/video/sound file size: 10mb
- Animation Duration: 30 seconds max, 15s recommended
- Video Frame Rate: 24fps
- SSL Requirements: All assets must be SSL compliant - securely served (https://)
||Approved to run
|Nine O&O homepages
|Nine O&O articles
|Nine O&O galleries
||Refer to MSN spec category
- All concepts/storyboards must be submitted at least 10 working days before the campaign live date.
No looping allowed for animation after 30s and load must take place during the subload of the ad. Additional animation may be initiated via roll-over, capped at 30s.
Z-index of the unit must be below 3.
The ad will always come with a site-served "Close" button. Therefore, no similar functionality should be built into the creative, it must all be handled by the ad container's close button on the site. No extra work is required for this to apply.
- Expansion must be click initiated by the user. Provide a clear call to action for the user to click to expand.
- Sound must be muted by default with a visible mute/unmute button.
- All images and content are appropriate to the general audience nature of the page.
- The ad cannot not alter the Nine Digital brand, or alters the page layout, navigation, design or content.
- The ad cannot try to launch in a new browser window (pop up/pop under) or shake the browser window.
- Minimise the CPU load for the user as much as possible - ads causing excessive load will be rejected.
- All creatives are subject to Nine Digital approval we reserve the right to request changes for brand equity/user experience reasons.
Timelines & Delivery
- All 3rd party creative should be delivered to Nine Digital via 3rd party ad serving tags.
- All material must be delivered at least five (5) working days prior to campaign launch to ensure technical compatibility and internal concept approval.
- If creative is late an estimated % of impressions equivalent to the forecasted daily inventory level will be cancelled from the total impressions booked.
- Reach out to the third party vendors listed above for full technical documentation, build guides etc.
Sizmek HTML5 Resource Centre
DoubleClick Creative Solutions